Entering a covenant marriage comes with certain requirements. First, a couple must undergo counseling from a marriage counselor or member of the clergy. Next, the couple must sign a special declaration when applying for a marriage license.
Courts often face more limitations when dissolving a covenant marriage. To start the process of obtaining a divorce, both individuals must agree to the divorce or at least one spouse must meet several statutory requirements. If an agreement cannot be made, the court may only grant a dissolution of marriage if one of the following reasons are met:
- One spouse is convicted of a serious crime
- One spouse commits adultery
- One spouse abandons the other for one year or longer
- One spouse abuses alcohol or drugs
- One spouse commits domestic violence or child abuse
- The spouses have been living separately for more than two years
Choosing a Mesa, AZ divorce attorney is not always easy. JacksonWhite Family Law offers reliable family law legal services to help you navigate emotionally- and financially-draining divorce cases. When going through the divorce process, you need the right legal counsel in your corner to protect your interests. Our team of legal professionals will help you reach a satisfactory outcome while minimizing the stresses of divorce.